Epic for AIM Providers
Do This Right Now
If you haven't already, add the iNYP Single Sign On tab. This tab is the single best way to look at old data in iNYP while caring for patients in Epic.
Update your preference list: A Word document telling you how to copy common outpatient orders from Dr. Shim.
A guide on transitioning your patients' info from Allscripts/Crown to Epic: Job Aid
See slides from 1/27 AM conference detailing many AIM workflows.
See also this one page document reviewing the essential steps to an outpatient visit.
Some more detailed dives into individual topics:
1. Overview of Workflow in Clinic: Video by Dr. De Miguel
1. Prepping a Chart for Clinic: See video by Dr. De Miguel
2. Patient Workflow in Clinic: Another video by Dr. De Miguel
3. Ordering labs in clinic: What's that? A video by Dr. De Miguel
4. Updating your preference list: A Word document (but I hear Dr. De Miguel is thinking about making a video!)
5. Add the iNYP Single Sign On tab (as above)
6. ED referral (coming soon)
1. Resident Co-Sign Workflow: A video, not by Dr. De Miguel.
2. Add a PIC schedule with module column, tutorial by Dr. Singer
3. Resident lab workflow: Coming soon!
1. Inbasket super doc: A 60-page document of everything you could (and will) need to know about the Epic inbox.
2. Delegating work and messages: See PowerPoint
3. Inbasket Vacation Coverage video (by Dr. De Miguel)
4. How to build a quick action: Coming soon!
This 60 page document is meant for reference, consider using it to look up more obscure questions.
Need Extra Help?
- Join Resident Reviews w/ Maria @ 8am PH9
- Bring your laptop, will cover notes & workflows
- Tue 1/28, Wed 1/29, Thu 1/30
- Monday 2/3 – Friday 2/8
- Email Jess to set up a time to review workflows
- Email Bill/Hye Gi to set up a time to review notes and personalization