Training program eligibility criteria include:
• MD or equivalent degree
• Completion of an ACGME-accredited Internal Medicine or Pediatrics residency (as of July 1, the program start date)
• U.S. citizenship or permanent residence
• Career goals related to patient safety, quality, and/or health services research in hospital medicine. Candidates must demonstrate a commitment to compete for extramural research funding
Candidates from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups, as well as those who identify as female are encouraged to apply.
Compensation and Benefits
Fellows will receive an annual salary commensurate with training level, as well as tuition for a Master’s degree at the Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health and other expenses. To learn more about our highly competitive postdoctoral salary, visit the Department of Medicine, House Staff Training website.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should complete the Patient Safety Research Fellowship online application. You will be asked to provide the following materials:
- A copy of your CV
- A 500-word personal statement describing your research interests, career goals, and why you have chosen to pursue research training via the Center for Patient Safety Research.
- Two letters of recommendation, sent to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: Not currently accepting
Candidate interviews: Granted on a rolling basis
Direct questions about the fellowship to:
I-Fong Sun Lehman, DrPH, MS
Division of General Medicine
Columbia University Irving Medical Center
622 West 168th Street, PH 9, Room 113
New York, NY 10032